The West Monroe Fire Chief said it happened around 4 a.m. on Herman Street in West Monroe.
When firefighters arrived, the house was fully engulfed in flames. It took crews about 45 minutes to out the fire.
Fire officials say three people were living there. All three made it out safely.
While talking to the residents, fire officials believe this was an electrical fire. Fire investigators were told space heaters were used in the home.
The home is considered a total loss. The fire is still under investigation.