MONROE -- The Summer Youth Employment Program is financed with City of Monroe's Entitlement Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program federal funds received from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The Program will place 50 qualified applicants within various City of Monroe Departments/Divisions in order to provide hands-on training with the goal of enhancing the students' marketable job skills.
Dates Accepting Applications: Monday, March 25 through Thursday, March 28, 2013
Time: Between 9:00 am -11:30 am & 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Location: Henrietta Johnson Community Center, 2800 Burg Jones Lane, Monroe, LA 71202
ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS
All information must be obtained to be considered for employment and shall not be deemed as guarantee of employment.
All applicants MUST meet the following requirements:
- Total household income MUST not exceed the Median Family Income Limits for Low to Moderate Income Persons.
- Reside within one of the following HUD Designated Renewal Neighborhoods
- Applicants MUST be between the ages of 16-21 (Applicant must be 16 at the time of application)
- Students under the age of 18 MUST have a parent present in order to complete an application
- Only (1) one applicant per household will be accepted.
- Provide all of the REQUIRED verifications listed below:
NOTE: Income and Social Security information is required for all family members who reside within the household.
- Proof of HOUSEHOLD income from but not limited to the following sources:
- Last four current & consecutive payroll checks, proof of unemployment benefits, AFDC, SSI benefits, etc.
- Social Security numbers must be provided for all Household Members.
- Must be enrolled in High School, College, or a Trade School and provide a Current copy of report card,
- transcript and proof of attendance or registration to attend a College or Vocational School.
- Proof of Age
- Proof of Residency in one of the HUD Designated Renewal Community Neighborhoods listed below:
- (Current Utility Bill , Copy of Lease, or Mortgage Statement)
Lamyville, Bryant's Addition, Ouachita Cotton Mills, Booker T. Washington, Terminal Height's King Oaks/Robinson Place,Renwick, Bernstein Park, Grayling Bend, Downtown, Newtown, Lee Avenue
All criterions must be met in order to be eligible for participation in the program.
Applications must be completed by the applicant on-site during the application period.
Incomplete applications will be rejected.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER