We’ve got an update on the condition of two people in Calhoun. Both were seriously burned after their house exploded Friday morning.
Ouachita Parish firefighters say propane was leaking in the
house, located on
Today hospital officials listed the two victims in serious condition. They’re identified as Jack Trost and Julie Knight.
Fire officials say someone lit a cigarette, which ignited an explosion.
A wall and several windows blew into the yard. Trost and Knight were taken to the burn unit at LSU-Shreveport with first- and second-degree burns.
Two others escaped with no injuries. Firefighters estimate the damage to the house to be about $30,000.